This edition is ripe with valuable info, including the biggest trends to watch on Twitter, some creative advice on keeping your business strategy social, a list of the best new web apps built for Google Buzz, and plenty more. And if you’re in the mood for a bit of web-based entertainment, see below for some fun YouTube compilations and amazing iPad video demos.
- Facebook vs. Google: The Billion Dollar Battle to Be Your Default Social ProfileBoth of these Internet giants are vying to become your main destination for social, search, and shopping. This posts discusses the seeds they are sowing now in the hopes of future web dominance.
- 5 Simple Social Design Tips From the MastersGood design is a critical component of the social web. We asked the experts for some simple advice that can make or break your next social design.
- 5 Big Twitter Trends to Follow Right NowDay-to-day Twitter trends are interesting to follow, but it’s important to step back and take a look at where the social network is headed, and the challenges it will face in the future. This post takes a meta look at the state of the Twitterverse.
- 10 Amazing Magic Trick Videos on YouTubeYouTube is home to some amazing content, and the prestidigitation department is no exception. Check out these ten close-up and street magic tricks, each of which packs a solid wow-factor, and will leave you wondering, “How’d they do that?”
- Top 10 Funny Dog Videos on YouTubeIf there’s one thing the Internet is good for, it’s funny pet content. This post rounds up some premium canine hilarity from YouTube that you simply cannot miss.
- 5 Free Ways to Identify that Song Stuck in Your HeadThe days of agonizing over those relentless and unidentified melodies are over. The Internet, in all its musical genius, offers up a handful of ways to pinpoint the tune that simply won’t let you go.
- Why Chatroulette Is More Than Just PenisesThe stunning viral runaway success of Chatroulette is often overshadowed by the “naughty bits” that are so prevalent on the service. This post delves deeper into the trend to discuss what the phenomenon of random, anonymous video chat means for the greater web culture.
- 12 Fresh Web Tools for Getting the Most Out of Google BuzzThough still in its infancy, Google Buzz is quickly gaining traction with the help of eager developers who have pounced on the network’s open API. If you’re looking to integrate, connect, and spread your Buzz around the web, check out these 12 useful tools.
- 5 Ways to Go Green for Earth Day with Social MediaThe social web is the perfect medium for spreading the word about an important cause. This post offers up five ways to get involved with the environmental movement, just in time for Earth Day.
- 15+ Great Ways to Find Web Design and Development WorkFor web designers and developers looking to take on new projects, the Internet offers a great number of online resources that can help them find work. Here are more than 15 places for web creatives to land gigs.
- 10 Essential Money-Saving iPhone AppsThough the iPhone is a pricey piece of hardware, it could pay for itself in the long run if you use it to find deals and live more frugally. This post examines 10 essential iPhone applications for living the frugal life.
- How 5 Brands Are Mastering the Game of FoursquareFoursquarecould easily be mistaken for a frivolous mobile application with little to no value for businesses, but here are five businesses that are proving the value of location-based social media apps.
- 10 Amazing iPad App Video DemonstrationsIf you haven’t gotten your iPad yet, but you’re jonesing for your Apple app fix, check out these truly awesome video demos that showcase the power and versatility of the new tablet device.
- 10 Insanely Great iPad Apps We Can’t Wait to UseFor those of you that have gotten an iPad, has it lived up the hype? Which apps are you enjoying the most? Here is a list of the 10 iPad applications were most looking forward to checking out.
- 10 Must-See Google Street View SightingsYou can’t drive around photographing the entire world without running across at least a few oddities. Check out this list for some strange and hilarious images captured by the Google Street View car on its quest to virtualize the globe.
- 5 Essential Apps for Your Business’s Facebook Fan PageIf you’re turning your business’s Facebook Fan Page into a real destination for customers, you may want to consider incorporating more content. These five apps are a great way to build more value into your Page.
- Growing Your Business: 5 Tips From the Founder of FoursquareThe location-based darling Foursquare has seen staggering growth in its one year on the scene. We spoke with the company’s founder Dennis Crowley about some of Foursquare’s unique business strategies.
- How One Small Biz Turned Their Company Retreat Into Social Media SuccessWooThemes, purveyors of premium WordPress () themes, recently made the most of their biannual corporate retreat by turning the working ski trip into a social media event for their customers — and the strategy paid off big. This post explains how they did it.
- How Startups are Using Social Media for Real ResultsStartup money is often the hardest to preserve, but many small business are turning to social media to squeeze the most out of early budgets. We spoke with some socially-savvy startups to get their take on how the web can make things easier for burgeoning companies.
- HOW TO: Integrate Paid Search and Social Media for Better Marketing ResultsWhile the goals of paid search (sales) and social media (brand awareness) are different, the two strategies should work together for maximum ROI. This post discusses some concrete strategies.